Saturday, February 10, 2018

My Olympic Quilts

There is nothing in the quilt designs that may make you reference the Olympics.
To me an Olympic quilt is one that takes a major effort and I most likely worked on it for more than one Olympic year’s competition.
Here are a few of them.

[image%255B14%255D.png]
This is a work in progress worked on during a somewhat recent Olympics. Seeing it in this photo makes me want to get it out and finish it. It will be a large wall quilt. I can see now why my friend Mary was so excited when she saw this one.

image
jessicakkevinquilt (3)
This was quilted during an Olympics. The quilting was the biggest challenge creating this. The thread kept breaking. I only realized after it was finished I was using a blue jeans weight of thread.
image
I believe I worked on One Woman’s Dream for at least two Olympic competitions. It was a challenge to design in this unusual shape. My dream for this quilt with 6 pointed stars was to have it hang in many different religious denomination places of worship.

No comments: