Monday, February 19, 2018

If At First You Don’t Succeed, Try, Try Again - Olympic GOLD

I have been doing some shibori dyeing recently.
Some of these pieces had been real duds and I could have been tempted to cut them up and use them as strips in simple quilts. I didn't give up and got some amazing pieces.
Some have 4-5 layers of pattern, both dye and paint.
I finished 18 pieces and there was only one dud and it will go into the pile to be dyed again for the 4th time.
I got one piece I consider spectacular. I must have started it 25-30 years ago. I believe this was the 4th layer of pattern.
image
This one earned a GOLD in my personal Olympic dyeing competition!
What will it become?

3 comments:

Gina said...

Beautiful!!! This reminds me of the fun I had dyeing at Focus on Fiber several years ago.

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

I have one of the pieces we did on Fon F on my wall here...the one we wrapped and boiled. Yours was so neat and mine was so messy but it worked as a wall piece.



Robin said...

How beautiful. It would make a wonderful cape! The layers have added such lovely depth.