Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Half Log Cabin Miniature

image
This log cabin quilt is made with 1/4 inch finished strips. It is 8 inches square finished.
The binding is 1/8 inch wide. I pieced it about 20 years ago but got too busy to finish it. At one time I had quilted all my own miniatures.
It was hand quilted by  Robin Koehler. She is a fantastic hand quilter. 
You may have noticed I am getting help finishing some of my work.
I realized that if I want to finish so many of my pieces I need to have help doing that.
I was fortunate to find Robin as her quilting is up to my standards.
This is a serious work of art and not to be confused with a potholder.

7 comments:

Robin Koehler said...

It most definitely is a serious work of art and so artfully done!

Martha Ginn said...

Charming little piece! We all used to hand quilt, didn't we?

Cathy Perlmutter said...

Very cool piece!

Debbie Langsam said...

I particularly like the way you offset the two columns...it lends a dynamic quality to the piece.

The Joyful Quilter said...

WOW!! That's even smaller than the mini that I recently finished. Also, not to be confused with a pot holder!! :o))

Frog Quilter said...

Amazing. The pot holder statement made me chuckle.

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

I love miniatures but I am not accurate enough to attempt one. The layout of yours makes it visually more interesting.