Wednesday, March 1, 2017

February Ladies Special Visit And Lunch

Yesterday I had a great visit with my friend Carol Brumm Gordhamer.
We met on FB when I saw a picture of her and her husband in Green Bay Packer gear at Silver Springs.
And as they say “The rest is history!”
We talked a lot after that and finally met in person at a quilt show in Mr. Dora, Florida Quite a few years ago.
image
She loves handwork and working small. She brought me this very special Teddy Bear she made by hooking very narrow strips of fabric to a base and them creating this absolutely  darling bear.  She knew my colors even though this was the first time she had actually been to my house from following my blog! I absolutely love it and really appreciate the time and thought she put into it.
Carol Brumm Gordhamer's Profile Photo, Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, indoor
We were so busy talking we never even got a picture together so I “borrowed this one” from her Facebook page.
She is the kind of friend I can talk to for hours.
BUT, the things you probably don’t know is we grew up about a mile from each other in Racine, Wisconsin and our paths never crossed there….maybe because we are “quite a few years apart” in age.
Those years mean nothing now and we have so much in common it would be hard to even begin to tell you all of it.
We ended up at the clubhouse for a great lunch.

1 comment:

claudia said...

FUN!!!
Love that bear Carol made for you!