Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Making A Little Table For The Gazebo

Last week when Kim and I finished arranging the things in the gazebo she remarked I needed a little table by the chaise lounge. I knew I didn’t have a table that would work, but I knew I could figure something out.
image
After a lot of searching in the house I found these 2 footed bowls I had bought at an after Christmas sale.
image
I figured out that if I glued the bases together I would have my little table. I did have the perfect glue that I had bought for a different project that is yet to be created!
But the stumbling block was finding something to make the table top. I searched the house from top to bottom and everything was either the wrong size, too heavy or the wrong shape. So after several hours I decided to search on line.
I spent several hours on line looking for something that was “just right”. When I found what I thought would work it didn’t give all the measurements but I was willing to take a chance. It said it would take almost 2 weeks to get it, yet it was here in about 4 or 5 days.
image
This black and white metal spatter ware tray was perfect. It fits inside the opening and rests on the ridge at the top. I can take it off to wash if I want to.
The adhesive I used will take about 2 weeks to fully cure so it will stay in my workroom until it is fully cured and then I will have my perfect table.

3 comments:

Robbie said...

Such a clever lady!!!

Robin said...

Can't wait to see the finished table with the pedestal tray on it.

Windy Hill Happenings said...

You are so clever and can't believe how well the tray fits on top !